IHG’s business strategies are enabling the Group to continue to develop its business in a sustainable way, maximize and optimize profit for the shareholders while contributing to the Qatari economic development. IHG adopts the following strategies to support the achievement of its corporate vision, mission and objectives:
- Activate management on the portfolio companies, to guarantee work continuity and optimize profit. In fulfilling this role, IHG's management will regularly review the strategic plans developed by subsidiaries’ management to ensure being responsive to the changing business environment in which the Group and its subsidiaries operate.
- Diversify the Group’s investments portfolio in an aim to diversify its income, minimize risk, boost bottom line and improve the Group’s cash flow. In our diversification, we are targeting companies in defensive industries with high profit margins and low risk levels.
- Deleverage the Group’s balance sheet to reduce interest payments, resulting in an increase in the cash flow. This will enable the Group to reinvest in new opportunities and guarantee a sustainable growth.
- Bolster the Group’s relationship with existing clients by addressing their demands and maintaining the highest quality standards at the same time.
- Establish and leverage on strategic partnerships and joint ventures with industry leaders in order to increase success rate in obtaining new project work and strengthen the Group’s brand and reputation.
- Sustain revenue growth and profitability through project selection by focusing on markets where the Group can capitalize on its expertise and track record and through targeting specialized projects with high profit margins.
- Secure the Group’s financial position by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with banks in Qatar, to ensure self-sufficiency for existing capital needs and maintaining healthy levels of liquidity. Additionally, we are actively targeting the areas for reducing operational costs and increasing efficiencies of our portfolio companies, while complying with the highest standards of quality and safety.
- Foster a working environment that promotes professional growth through provision of training and development to employees in order to attract, develop and retain the best available personnel for positions of substantial responsibility.